It is Halloween.
Candy and whatnot galore.
Trick or treat, or else.
Fruit flavored lollipops, too.
I like the taffy.
Love Halloween lights.
As much as those Christmas lights.
They are pretty cool.
Many houses here,
Have decorated a lot.
And others have not.
Some are quite simple.
Some houses have moving lights.
Hello, and welcome to the fabulous weekend!
Oh my goodness! This week has been quite hectic for all of us. My mom and I attended a concert for an acapella group on Thursday in Chicago, and now we are all having the time of our life in Boston.
My sister is playing for an opera, and we all thought that this weekend was as good as any to go out there and visit her. She is in Boston for school.
So, as promised, I will talk to you about Jack Andrews (The Magic Video Game), Levi Cranston's best friend. They have been friends since fourth grade, when Levi moved to Valparaiso, Indiana from Crown Point, which is about thirty minutes away.
1. Jack's real name is Brian, but he has always liked going by Jack.
2. Unlike Levi, Jack is more outgoing. Levi has been practicing on that for a long time.
3. When Jack first graduated from college, he lived in an apartment in Merrillville with his older sister.
4. He eventually moved back home to save money when he, Levi, Asad, and Mackenzie, Levi's girlfriend, would decide to move in downtown Valparaiso together.
5. Before they all moved in together in July 2016, Jack lived on the west side of town, and Levi lived on the west side of the downtown area. It's only a five minute drive from Point A to Point B.
6. Jack's middle name is Jackson.
7. He has an older sister, Cameron, and a younger sister, Elyza.
8. Jack definitely knows what it is like to not have another brother, as does Levi.
9. Even though Jack played tennis with Levi and their other friends in high school, he did not play tennis in college. However, he still plays tennis with his friends in his free time.
10. Jack has decided to pursue a career in information technology.
11. He and Andrew Grzedek (The Jazzy Island of Dinosaurs) work together in Chicago. Jack works in IT, and Andrew works in social media.
Ladies and gents, now you know Jack.
As I have said before, Boston is treating me very well. And I'm sure you all will have a fabulous weekend as well.
Oh, and by the way, Halloween is coming up. I may or may not have the coolest haiku ever for that occasion. Stay tuned to find out.
Have a great weekend!
You Know Who
Asad Prejesh, David Savino, and Jack Andrews
David, Brody, Andrew and Adam were at the bar tonight. It was only nine o’clock at night, and they weren’t quite sure how long they were going to stay there. However, Brody and Andrew knew what they were going to get. They wanted to their house wine. Too bad they didn’t have baklava to go with it. David didn’t know what drink he wanted to get yet. With that in mind, he decided to get himself some nachos. And Adam wanted nachos as well. Andrew and Brody didn’t want food yet. But they would probably get something later.
“Have you always wanted to try the house wine?” Andrew asked his best friend.
“I wasn’t too crazy about it until now,” Brody replied.
“Really? I’m shocked to hear that.”
“I’ve always wanted to try the beer.”
“What do you think Adam and David will get?” Andrew questioned.
“Hard to say, really,” Brody answered.
“I predict that Adam will get the exact same thing as us.”
“The house wine?”
“And David will probably try a hard cider.”
“Those are his favorite.”
Brody Ingram and Andrew McCalsky giving each other a high-five
Sweet taste of coffee,
Brewed beautifully in cup.
Can't wait to try it.
'Tis Haiku Monday.
A day for some sweet coffee.
Hot or iced, who knows?
Coffee is so great.
Especially with some cream,
And some sugar, too.
Add some hazelnut,
And you've got something divine.
Coffee on the go.
Or in coffee shop.
It's time to relax a bit.
And sip that coffee.
Heaven in a cup.
Heaven in a coffee shop.
'Tis Haiku Monday.
It's been quite a while since I've done anything like this. I'm just sitting in the library in #DowntownValpo writing this blog. I finished a walk around the area, which is something I most definitely needed.
A quick update on my latest project, The Somewhat Perilous Plot of the Patriotic Mosquitoes, I am nearly done. I have seven (I think) chapters left in this project, and my goal is to finish it by a couple weeks before Christmas. I still have some drawings that I want to edit before then. Otherwise, I think I'm off to a great start.
So, today, I am going to talk to you about Levi Cranston (The Magic Video Game). Next week, I am going to talk to you about Jack Andrews (The Magic Video Game), Levi's best friend and brother that he has never had.
So....here we go!
1. Levi Cranston may tend to seem very outgoing, but he is genuinely very shy.
2. He can be a bit of a smooth talker. He really likes to smooth his cousins out.
3. The only reason why Levi wanted to be an RA in college was because he wanted to overcome his shyness. It has worked to some degree.
4. Levi did not consider his four years of college to be the best years. He has even remarked that he might have been better off not going to college at all.
5. Instead of pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, Levi has pursued a career in marketing and communications.
6. Levi has a love-hate relationship with his cousins.
7. Most people think highly of Levi, but some people think he is a bit sarcastic.
8. He and his girlfriend, Mackenzie Burbanks, have been together for 11 years.
9. Levi took French in high school. He picked up on Spanish through his sister, Olivia.
10. Levi had his tonsils and adenoids taken out in middle school, his appendix taken out in college, as well as his wisdom teeth.
11. When Levi had his wisdom teeth taken out, he was really quiet right after he woke up from the anesthesia. But, he started singing in a horribly off-key voice his favorite rock songs on the way home.
12. In addition to his full-time job, Levi is also a private tennis coach. He has always loved playing tennis, and he wants to share that passion with up-and-coming tennis players.
13. Levi loves to go running as well. But, when he does, he has to wear an ankle brace because of how horribly weak his ankles are.
14. Levi also needs to wear the same ankle brace when he is sleeping to prevent rolling his ankle in his sleep.
15. Levi's cousins are at least two years older than him.
Well, here is Levi for you.
With that in mind, I am going to make the hardest decision in my life. Basically I'm going to decide if I want to go to a Halloween party dressed as a doctor or a high school graduate. Let's see how that goes. And, with that also in mind, I hope you all have a splendid weekend, and make sure you love one another!
With all due respect,
You Know Who
Levi playing tennis
After having dinner, Rhody and Benny had done a little bit of searching for the key. They had come across a few keys that they thought looked like the original, but the coloring of each key was always a little off.
The two boys had done about an hour and thirty minutes of somewhat intense searching for the key, but then they called it quits when it was getting dark outside. Instead of looking for the key, they wanted to explore Wakahakai a little more.
Tonight was definitely going to be fun.
"I'm hungry again," Rhody said plainly.
"We are an hour ago," Benny replied.
"What are you hungry for now?"
"Beef lo-mein," Rhody answered even more plainly than before.
"Come to think of it, I'm kinda hungry for that as well," Benny stated.
"I'm also hungry for bacon."
"Oh yes. That, too."
"Want to get Chinese?"
"Count me in."
David Savino and Rhody Leyman
Last weekend, legit.
Went back to alma mater.
It was a day trip.
Volunteered and such.
And tie-dyed a couple shirts.
Blue, green, red, purple.
Walked around Elmhurst.
It feels so good to be back.
It's not a bad drive.
Dancing is appropriate
On the benches, though.
Chicago wins, brah.
Restaurant is very loud.
Full of energy.
On Saturday October 8th, Levi Cranston woke up on the couch in the common area. The night before, he had fallen asleep at the dining room table because he had taken some cold medicine which helped him sleep better. It was 10:15 when he found himself sleeping on his stomach on the couch. The only person who was there with him was his mom.
"Wake up, sweetie," Mrs. LeVole-Cranston said while shaking him gently.
"What?" Levi replied softly in his sleep. He sounded very stuffed up.
"It's 10:15, hon."
"How are you feeling?" she asked.
"I dunno," he replied, sounding more stuffed up than before.
"We are actually going to see your cousins perform live at 1:30."
"We've got time."
"They wanted us there by noon."
Levi slowly got off the couch and headed toward what was his bedroom when his permanent address was here. It is nice, though, because his place is not at all far away from his parents' house. A lot of his family lives around the area. At least in Northwest Indiana. And Levi's cousins were performing in Crown Point, so that is not far away at all.
Levi did not take a lot of time to get ready for the day. But, once he put on some new everyday clothes, he fell back asleep on his futon in what used to be his bedroom. He now uses his old bedroom as one of his work places for his job, as it is mostly virtual. But he was still so exhausted, even though he got at least twelve hours of sleep last night. His little sister, Evelyn Maeve, walked into the room to check on him.
"How you doin'?" Evelyn Maeve asked her older brother of about nine years.
"I'm a little sick," Levi replied, sounding very stuffed up. His face was red, and he had bags under his eyes. He did not look well at all.
"I see that. So sorry!"
"Yeah. Me, too. I think my friend, Andrew Grzedek, might have given this blasted cold to me."
"Alyssa's brother?" Evelyn Maeve clarified.
"Well, hopefully you'll be okay during the concert."
"I should be. Once we get home, I'm just gonna take it easy."
"Probably a good idea."
Levi was still resting on his futon for a bit, while Evelyn Maeve was drawing some cartoons at his desk. They had a little bit of time to kill. And the concert would only last for about two hours. Levi already had a list of movies that he wanted to watch once they came home. And he and their dad might also consider watching the baseball game on TV.
"What movies have you decided to put on when we get home?" Evelyn Maeve asked.
"I have a lot of ideas, but I might also want to put on baseball," Levi replied.
"Because it's my favorite sport to watch and play as well."
"I thought your favorite sport was tennis," Evelyn Maeve remarked.
"Well, it is. That's the sport that I'm the best at, but I also like to watch baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer. Football is fun to watch on some occasions, but I wouldn't play it," Levi said.
"And wrestling too, right?"
"Well, hopefully we get to watch a movie."
"Well, we can."
Caleb, Adam, and Cameron came up with a very clever way to revise the venue of the Annual Fiesta. Caleb was the one who actually wrote the letter; he wanted to put his excellent writing skills to the test. Adam was the one who made copies of the letters. And Cameron was the one who stuffed the envelopes with the letters.
The three boys were pretty sure that this was all going to work out. Excitement came to them as a surprise. The party was going to be a success, as far as they knew.
The entire posse just had to make sure that the party was going to be successful. And one way of making sure this was the case included reading the letter again before mailing them out to the guests.
The letter read:
To all of our friends,
The venue of the Annual Fiesta has been changed to the humble abode of Dacston T. Rex. The date and time are still the same, however. We greatly apologize for the very short notice, but we hope to see you all at the fiesta.
Dacston and the Wondersaurs
Meanwhile, Dacston was on his way to pay a visit to the nearby travel agent. He was hoping to buy four tickets to Costa Rica.
That one letter
Great weekend with friends.
Went to our alma mater.
For homecoming game.
Our college had won,
For the first time in four years.
As far as I know.
It was on Friday,
Friend and I got Irish food
And a White Russian.
Rock music was good.
We needed a cover charge.
Five bucks ain't worth it.
On that Saturday,
Got steak and shrimp fajitas.
It was worth the drive.
About my Blog
My blog contains anything and everything one should know about my books. Aaaaand a lot more as well.