Happy weekend, everyone!
I greatly apologize in advance that I will be unable to write a lot this weekend, but I have my aunt and grandma who came in from Rhode Island this weekend, and I will be extremely busy! I am excited to see them because it has been a little over two years since we have seen them, and the last time that we saw them was when we were in Rhode Island....the vacation that gave me the direction where I really wanted to go with my writing.
Speaking of which, we were all in Crown Point tonight because my mom was in a choir/orchestra concert, the Ingram's hometown. What a splendid evening this was.
Well, with this in mind, I will give you ten fun and quick facts that you should know about the characters that might be a little confusing, because of what I had already written in previous novels, so I wanted to clarify a few pointers.
* In Rockybado, the Ingram's indicate that their cousin has an obsession with spiders. Just to clarify, this person briefly appears in The Revenge of the Naught Blue Aliens but is never a major character. His name is Brian Sirtis, and he is actually the Ingram's second cousin on their mom's side. The Ingram's have only four primary cousins, and they are all girls.
* In the novel after The Revenge of the Naughty Blue Aliens (both will take place in either 2013 or 2014. I have not officially decided yet, and of course the name of that novel escapes me at the moment), Dawson and Brody are in a freak car accident, but neither are seriously injured. Dawson refuses medical treatment, but Brody breaks his hand.
* In A Run in the Game, the Ingram's cousin, Jennie Wickes, gets married. In The Revenge of the Naughty Blue Aliens, it is briefly mentioned that the Ingram's are going to see her second newborn child, who is a girl. She already has a five-year-old son named Anthony, and his younger sister's name is Andrea.
* The Ingram's are not necessarily religious, but they consider themselves nondenominational Christians. However, they attend church on Easter and Christmas Eve with family, since most of their family lives around the area.
* Brody is the only boy in the Ingram family who is left-handed. Everyone else is right-handed.
* Like David, Brody had to have his tonsils taken out. David had his out when he was four years old, but Brody had his taken out when he was in seventh grade, which was more of an emergency situation.
* Toby is of English, German, French, Polish, and Turkish descent, by his biological parents. He was born in Luxembourg. Toby is half-English, one fourth Polish, one eighth German, one sixteenth French, and one sixteenth Turkish. Even though his real name is Luxembourgian, Toby looks English, and his biological mother came directly from England.
* Although Dawson, Brett, David, and Brody are biologically related, only David and Brody look the most alike. Dawson doesn't look much like Brett, David, and Brody. Brett doesn't look much like Dawson, David, and Brody. Dawson and David look somewhat similar, but David and Brody look more alike. People have asked if the four brothers were fully related, and they all are.
* Toby's birth name was Tobias Laschwanze Urzyscha Schwann before he was adopted. Then, the Ingram's changed his name to Toby because they preferred that name.
* Brody is the most athletic of all the Ingram's. Dawson and Brett are on a bowling team. David competitively plays tennis. Brody competitively plays tennis and baseball. Toby joins the bowling team but eventually quits as he finds that he does not want to bowl competitively.
This is perfect timing that I would end up talking about the Ingram's because this weekend, Rockybado and its sequel, A Run in the Game, are free on Amazon and will be until the end of Sunday, so you should definitely check them out!
Oh, and I almost forgot! Here are the descriptions in case you're interested!
Rockybado: "It is June 2006, and, after school lets out for the summer in Crown Point, Indiana, five boys find out about a robot in Texamilio, a fictitious island due west of the eight Hawaii Islands. When they meet Rockybado and his two close Bobino comrades, they are all confronted by Susan and Claude McSmith, who are both out to steal Rockybado's position as King of Texamilio, after a sour debate regarding physics in high school."
A Run in the Game: "It is the summer of 2006 in Crown Point, Indiana, and Brody Ingram and Andrew McCalsky make it on the Watsons baseball team, and the team must try hard to defeat the Pratts team, their opponent, from Hebron, Indiana, that plays rough. In the meantime, Brody's older brother, Brett, must come out of his shell in order to communicate effectively with his love interest. Everyone is faced with different challenges throughout the summer."
Again, please check out these novels as they are free until the end of Sunday!
Have a great week!
About my Blog
My blog contains anything and everything one should know about my books. Aaaaand a lot more as well.