Hello, and Happy Saturday, friends!
We are now headed into the second full week of January of 2015 (I can hardly believe it), and I am very excited about what this year has in store for me. As I have said before, I am currently working on The Revenge of the Naughty Blue Aliens, which is part of the Rockybado series. I am going to finish up on a chapter today, and I will have five chapters left of this novel! Then, as I have also said before, I will either work on Rockybado 4 (I don't know what I will call it yet) or work on either The Jazzy Island of Dinosaurs 3 or The Magic Video Game 3.
As I'm sure many people have noticed, the three series have similar plot lines, and they even take place in Northwest Indiana (in different places, though), and they also take place in the same year. The first and second novels of each series, plus The Crazy Chicken Escapade, take place in 2006. The third and fourth novels of each series, plus the sci-fi compilation, take place in 2014. That is what I have at the moment, but I'm sure I will have plenty of ideas eventually.
With the third novel of Rockybado in mind, I will give you ten facts that you probably don't know at the moment.
1. David Ingram, the third oldest of the five boys, ends up playing acoustic guitar after much encouragement from Brett, his older brother of one year. Although he practices with Brett's band, he doesn't actually perform in any gigs.
2. Brody, David's younger Irish twin brother, believes that baklava can go very well with wine.
3. Brett plays in two bands, but his main band is The Hawaiian Geeks. His other band is Mr. Morton, and he performs only part time with them.
4. Toby has had much interest in Brett's band, and he hopes to eventually play the piano with The Hawaiian Geeks.
5. Dawson gets married to Daniela Cardis, who is originally from Matteson, Illinois, which is only about forty-five minutes away from Crown Point. They met in college.
6. Brett works full-time in a finance firm as well as perform with The Hawaiian Geeks and Mr. Morton. Brett has been playing with the idea of leaving Mr. Morton entirely so that he can focus mainly on The Hawaiian Geeks. He eventually gives his position to David McCalsky, Andrew McCalsky's (Brody's best friend) older brother.
7. David gets a job in a business firm where he can apply both marketing and finance (both of which he studied in college before graduation), and he also coaches tennis for young kids.
8. Brody is almost always the victim of Brett's wake-up pranks. Many of Brett's pranks include throwing a flying monkey at him, banging pans in the room, playing the music player at full blast, playing his electric guitar in the room, and using a random microphone to record Brody's heartbeat. Yes. That has happened before.
9. Although David was not involved in music in high school, he proves to be a good singer when Brett and his band once encouraged him to sing something for them. Brody, however, is not a good singer. And neither is Toby, for that matter.
10. You all know this one already. Video games are what make up at least 50 percent of David's and Brody's lives.
So, that is what I have come up with while writing Rockybado 3. Also, Rockybado (the original) and A Run in the Game (the sequel) are on Amazon for 99 cents today and will be until Monday January 12th. With this in mind, I will give you the summaries of each novel, and please feel free to check both out!
Rockybado: "It is June 2006, and, after school lets out for the summer in Crown Point, Indiana, five boys find out about a robot in Texamilio, a fictitious island due west of the eight Hawaii Islands. When they meet Rockybado and his two close Bobino comrades, they are all confronted by Susan and Claude McSmith, who are both out to steal Rockybado's position as King of Texamilio, after a sour debate regarding physics in high school."
A Run in the Game: "It is the summer of 2006 in Crown Point, Indiana, and Brody Ingram and Andrew McCalsky make it on the Watsons baseball team, and the team must try hard to defeat the Pratts team, their opponent, from Hebron, Indiana, that plays rough. In the meantime, Brody's older brother, Brett, must come out of his shell in order to communicate effectively with his love interest. Everyone is faced with different challenges throughout the summer."
Have a great weekend!
About my Blog
My blog contains anything and everything one should know about my books. Aaaaand a lot more as well.