Hello and Happy Friday!
So, sorry about the bad news. I have been incredibly busy this whole time, and I haven't always had time to work on my latest writings. I have all of the pictures edited, and now I need to proofread The Jazzy Island of Dinosaurs 4, add quickies, make last minute touches to my writings, and I hope they will be out by next weekend. My ultimate goal is by April 18th, or the end of tax season.
Today, I am going to make a slightly more serious turn on my blog post and talk to any one who is interested in writing and publishing a book. I am going to give you ten things to keep in mind when writing your own story, whether that might be fiction, non-fiction, or a little bit of both.
Grab the popcorn and soft drink of your choice, and get ready for the best words of advice there ever will be (well, really don't know about that, but it's worth a shot).
1. Please have an idea of what you're going to write about. If you like to write as you go, that is fine. But just let your creative juices come out.
2. If you don't have time to take an hour out of your day to write, then you can refer to texting yourself your story. It is not nearly as fun and/or effective as taking an hour to write, but the time spent texting yourself is well worth it.
3. Tea is a drink of choice when writing. It could also be coffee. And it could also be a pina colada.
4. If you decide to drink a pina colada while writing, at least make sure your writing makes a little bit of sense.
5. If you have a virgin pina colada, at least make sure your writing makes a little bit of sense.
6. There is no such thing as pina colada salad dressing. Or is there?
7. Salad should not cost more than $10.
8. That has absolutely nothing to do with writing.
9. Try to take an hour out of one or two days in a week to write something.
10. Make sure you know how to make people laugh. People love to laugh.
11. Wait. There is a #11?
Okay, I call it quits. You have some great advice up here. Now I need to make an announcement.
I would just like to remind you that Rockybado: Robot King of the Island, The Jazzy Island of Dinosaurs, and The Magic Video Game will be FREE on Amazon for Kindle on Friday April 1st and Saturday April 2nd, so please check them out by reading the summaries and clicking on the links below!
Rockybado: Robot King of the Island: "It is June 2006, and, after school lets out for the summer in Crown Point, Indiana, five boys find out about a robot in Texamilio, a supposedly fictitious island due west of the eight Hawaii Islands. When they meet Rockybado and his two close Bobino comrades, they are all confronted by Susan and Claude McSmith, who are both out to steal Rockybado's position as King of Texamilio, after a sour debate regarding physics in high school."
The Jazzy Island of Dinosaurs: "It is June 2006 in St. John, a town in Northwest Indiana, and five siblings find out about the existence of dinosaurs through their neighbors who actually visited them. At a swimming party, the neighbors give the three younger siblings a book with a T-Rex's number on it. When all five kids visit Galavanti Island, they help Dacston, a T-Rex, Valpatic, a velociraptor, Jokie, a brachiosaurus, and Sammy, a stegosaurus, locate a case of saxophones that Selfish Arnie, Dacston's cousin, has taken from all of the citizens of Galavanti Island."
The Magic Video Game: "Summer of 2006 begins in Valparaiso, Indiana, and two siblings acquire a video game that lets them go to the island of Wakahakai to meet a cool polar bear and his friends, including a forensics science fanatic, an athletic walrus, a crazy penguin, a distinguished snowman, a simplistic Eskimo pig, and a beautiful princess. Together, they must keep Darveda, Nelson, and Hilda from taking part of Winderplassic Estate."
Have a great weekend!
You Know Who
About my Blog
My blog contains anything and everything one should know about my books. Aaaaand a lot more as well.