I know that I have been including snippets of past writing projects for quite a while. However, for this weekend, I would like to take the time to shy away from that and focus all of my attention on the kids in the Rockybado series, especially Brett Ingram. He is the second oldest of the Ingram's, and he doesn't always get a lot of attention.
There are Dawson Allan Wickes Ingram (the oldest), Brett Jason Ingram (the second oldest), David Baker Ingram (the third), Brody Andrew Ingram (the fourth), and Toby Ingram (fifth and adopted).
Here are ten fun facts about Brett that you may not have known before.
1. In high school, Brett had a crush on a Serbian girl, Olivera Slobodan, who was one of his classmates. He asked her out, and their relationship was very on and off for over ten years.
2. In 2016, a few months before moving to New York City for a new job opportunity, Brett planned to propose to Olivera, but a mutual connection found out about it and told her before Brett could ever pop the question. In the end, Olivera said no.
3. Brett is an accountant, and he is a musician on the side.
4. When he was a senior in high school, Brett had strep throat and ear infections too often, and he had to have his tonsils taken out. For unknown reasons, he was really private about that until just recently. He did not tell any of his friends during that time, and someone had found out and asked him about it. Brett asked that person how he knew about it, and the other person couldn't say.
5. Brett's dream has always been to live in New York City.
6. His dream job is to be a forensics accountant.
7. In summer 2012, all five boys went on a road trip to Minneapolis for a few days. Everything was fine at first, but Brett got very sick on the way home, and they had to pull over on the side of the road since he had to throw up.
8. Brett started college at a public university in Muncie, Indiana. He stayed there for a semester, and did not like it. He came home for another semester and took classes at a local college and had an accounting internship that his parents helped him obtain. He graduated from a private university in Indianapolis.
9. Brett lived in the Logan Square area of Chicago for a little while for an accounting job. He was offered his current accounting job in New York City, and he went for it. According to him, that was the absolute best decision that he could have ever made. He currently lives in Brooklyn with a few friends.
10. For a little under a year, Brett has been dating Olivia Cranston (The Magic Video Game).
Here you go!
Next week, I may or may not have a surprise for you. We'll see....
Welp, have a great weekend!
You Know Who (The Ballad of the Flying Tomato)
About my Blog
My blog contains anything and everything one should know about my books. Aaaaand a lot more as well.